If you are not sure what to do with your facebook page now that you created it, this article is for you. Just a few simple steps can make all the difference. If you want to know how to use Facebook effectively we need to start at the beginning …
What are your goals?
Firstly it is very important to establish your goals …what do you want to achieve with your Facebook Page?
Secondly get a clear idea of who your target market is? Who is your audience? Who are you talking to?
As soon as that is clear you can decide on what type of post you should post. Tailored with the right message to the right people. There is no sense in posting anything if you are not clear on why you are doing it in the first place … Example: you are not going to post messages about skateboards if your target market is over 80!!! Firstly the over 80’s are rarely on facebook and secondly why would they be interested in skateboards?
You want to create brand awareness
You want to engage with your customers
You want to grow your consumer base
Whatever your goal may be, one important aspect remains … you cannot achieve anything if you don’t have people on your Facebook Page! You need people who are active, engaged and interested! The more they engage, the more people will see your posts and the more people will like your page!
How do you do that?
It is simple … Get people to engage with your Page timeline!
It is important to get the people to engage. Why? If they are engaged they are more likely to participate and more likely to share, like and comment. As soon as this happens your posts will spread like wildfire! The more it spreads, the more people you reach!
- Share updates, questions, photos, links, infographics, text and other content on your Page regularly. Use different types of posts to keep it interesting.
- Post at least a few times a week so people who like you see your stories in their news feeds and visitors to your Page always see something new.
- Don’t make it all about ME ME ME. ME gets boring after a while, so post some interesting stuff related to your page as well.
- Your posts must be shareable! By this I mean it should be good enough for other people to want to share it. If it doesn’t make me look good, why would I want to share it with my friends?
- Make sure people notice your most important content by pinning posts to the top of your Page or highlighting/starring them so they’re bigger.
- Respond! Respond! Respond! When people engage with you, make sure to respond so they know you’re listening. By not responding in a timely manner you will lose not only clients/customers but it will do your brand damage. If they know your page is where they can get answers they will keep on coming back.
What about BAD comments?
Always and I mean ALWAYS respond whether it is a bad comment or a great comment. Use bad and great comments as feedback on how to better your business. If someone liked something a lot, maybe more of that. If someone had a bad experience use that info to better your business. In business nothing is more valuable than feedback. We need to know what clients/customers think of us and we need to build on that! Facebook and social other social media means that you don’t have to pay thousands of rands for surveys or focus groups – you can have feedback for free! USE IT!